This easy Potato Soup recipe is truly the best! It’s quick and easy to make on the stovetop, it’s nice and creamy (without using heavy cream), and it’s always so cozy and comforting and delicious.
Do you have a favorite potato soup recipe?
If not — psst — bookmark this one!
This easy potato soup recipe has been my tried-and-true, back-pocket, all-time-favorite for over a decade now. It’s perfectly creamy and rich (without using heavy cream), it’s full of flavor (because bland potato soup is the worst), it’s easy to adapt to be vegetarian and/or gluten-free (see below), and it is always, always a crowd fave. I promise it won’t let you down.
Let’s make some potato soup!
Potato Soup Recipe | 1-Minute V >
Potato Soup Ingredients:
To make this easy potato soup recipe, you will need:
And finally…toppings! I’m a big believer that the more, the merrier when it comes to toppings and potato soup. Some classic options could include
How To Make Potato Soup:
To make this potato soup recipe, simply:
- Cook the bacon. Dice and then saut it in a large stockpot until it’s crispy and nice. Then transfer the bacon to a plate lined with paper towels, and reserve a few tablespoons of leftover grease in the stockpot (discarding the rest.)
- Saut the veggies. Saut the garlic and onion in the bacon grease until softened. Then stir in some flour, to create your roux.
- Add broth and potatoes. Then add the milk, potatoes and stock. Cook until the potatoes until softened, being sure to stir the soup regularly so that the bottom does not burn.
- Add remaining ingredients. Then stir in the cheese, Greek yogurt (or sour cream), and crispy bacon bits. Taste and season the soup with pepper and salt.
- Serve warm. Then serve it up, loaded up with all of your favorite toppings!
Guys, there are so many ways to customize this soup! Some possibilities could include:
What To Serve With Potato Soup:
Looking for some side dishes to serve with this potato soup recipe? Here are a few of my faves: